Thursday, April 29, 2010

The home stretch

There is only a week and a half left of my Freshman year. I cannot believe it is basically over already. It just seems like yesterday where I was lost and confused and had no idea what college life was like. Now that I am finally settled in, I don't want to leave. I am going to miss the independence, freedom, and the lifestyle of a college student. This semester has been amazing for me because it is my first semester as an official brother of my fraternity and my classes have been easy and fun.

Since I have been down here I have grown up a lot emotionally. I think I have become stronger emotionally and smarter socially. I have learned to become more social and care-free, while also learning how to be responsible. I believe that this year has been one of the most important years of my life.

Since I will be transferring back to New York, I will be commuting to school instead of living on campus. Therefore, I will be back under the roof of my parents, which means I won't be able to do half the things I do down here at college. I will have to go to sleep at a normal time or else I will probably get yelled at. I am not looking forward to living back at home because I love the feeling of being independent. I love living on my own because I don't have to deal with anybody's BS.

The one good thing about living at home is that I will finally be able to see my girlfriend on a daily basis. We definitely need that because being separated for this year has been so rough on both of us. When we are together my life becomes so much easier. This next week and a half will be bitter-sweet. I want to go home to be with my girlfriend, but I want the lifestyle that I have down here.

No comments:

Post a Comment