Monday, May 3, 2010

yet another amazing weekend

This past weekend was another amazing adventure, literally. Tucker, Kyle (my floor mate), Derrek (my other floor mate), and I went to Tucker's mountain property in Gladstone, Virginia. It took us two and a half hours.

When we got there the hill to his trailer was so steep that his car stalled halfway up the hill. We had to go in reverse all the way back down the hill. We tried again and it stalled a few yards ahead of where the last attempt failed. After that, Derrek, Kyle and I got out of the car and pushed Tucker's car as it shot rocks at us.

After we got to the top, we got a flashlight out to investigate where we would be staying for the next 48 hours. Moments later Kyle finds a grill and immediately turns it on. He runs in the car, gets out the hamburgers and hot dogs and begins grilling. It was 11 o'clock at night and we had just started grilling.

The next day we wake up and go fishing at the river nearby the property. After a few hours go by i say screw this and start walking in the river with my shoes on and everything. A few casts in, i feel something hit my line. I try to set the hook but i feel nothing so i keep reeling in. My line was about fifteen feet in front of me when a bass bites my hook. I start reeling in hard and I see the fish come to the surface. It shakes it's head a few times and the hook came right out. I was so frustrated, but I still had bragging rights for the only fish caught...kinda

Right after the river we go back to Tucker's trailer. The moment we get there Tucker starts looking for his ATV. Soon after he finds it and tries to start it. It didn't start and Tucker was upset. He took a look in the hood and realizes that the battery is missing. He immediately calls his dad. He finds out that his dad took the battery to his house to charge it. So Tucker thinks that it is useless. Well Kyle tries the pull start, and it started. The second Tucker heard the ignition he hopped right on and the adventure began. We were riding that ATV the entire day after we got it started. We even drove it on the highway that was near the property.

When Sunday rolled along we had to clean everything up and get ready for the drive home. But before we left we took the ATV out one more time. When everything was clean we packed up the car and said our goodbyes to the amazing place we stayed for the weekend. On the ride home I realized how peaceful and care-free nature is. Being in the forest for the weekend made me appreciate nature a lot more. I thought camping was boring, but when I tried it, I loved it. Now I will definitely make another trip into the wilderness to calm my nerves or to just relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment