Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Crazy Weekend

This weekend was one of the most memorable weekends of my Freshman year. It is all because of Saturday, because I had been looking forward to this day since the second I had been affiliated with Alpha Kappa Lambda.

Saturday we were officially recognized as the Beta Chi chapter in Alpha Kappa Lambda. We were chartered, which means that we become an official chapter instead of a colony, which is what we have been since November 11, 2007. Now I am currently a founding father of Alpha Kappa Lambda Beta Chi chapter of George Mason University.

I am so honored to be a founding father of a fraternity because I am a Freshman. When I signed my name on the charter I was so ecstatic. I have been a brother for a semester and my name will be on the charter for as long as this fraternity is around.

After the ceremony was the best part. Nine of our brothers rented out the Executive Suite in the Marriott Hotel in Fair Oaks Mall. It was so much fun because there were so many people in one very large hotel room. We felt that we were VIP in the hotel because in order to get to the sixth floor you had to swipe your room key. So when My brother Tucker and I got in the elevator we were acting so rich and stuck up it was hysterical. I really wish I could have one of these moments every weekend, I'd be that happiest person in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment