Thursday, April 22, 2010

And so it begins...

Today is my first day blogging and I must say I can't be more excited. This blog is about me, Frank Gervasi, Freshman at George Mason University.I am from Massapequa, New York which is about five hours away from George Mason. I also have a girlfriend who goes to SUNY Albany back in New York. It takes about 8 hours of straight driving from one university to the other.

I am in Alpha Kappa Lambda Fraternity, my roommate Tucker Freeman is also a brother in my fraternity. This leads to a lot of crazy stuff occurring in my dorm. Our dorm is the party dorm on our floor. Every night we don't go to sleep until at least three in the morning.

Life as a Freshman is fun and all but when things go wrong it seems that the world is against me. It seems like a chain of negative events hit me at once. For example, the other day I was sitting in my dorm and all of a sudden four people rush in my room all being extremely loud. On a normal day this wouldn't phase me but today, I had to write an essay for my class so I needed to concentrate. I wanted to go crazy but I had to keep it under control because I can't write an essay when I am angry or frustrated. So I politely asked if they could leave and I got an ignorant answer back "Dude this is our room relax have some fun." I became furious because when I do work everyone is loud, but when my roommates are working I am dead silent. I think it all boils down to respect and how much you have it for the people around you. Even though I get frustrated easy, I have to realize to have as much fun as possible because Freshman year will be over in less than a month. This semester seems like it flew right by thanks to the snow week, spring break, and all of the nice weather we have been having lately.

Overall this year has been one of the most exciting years of my life. The main reason is because it is my first year on my own and I have been loving every second of it. Next year I will be transferring to a New York school and I will be commuting. So this might be the only year of my college career where I am acutally living on campus and not commuting.

No comments:

Post a Comment